Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Li'l Patriots

My VERY serious soldier, standing at attention with her dangerous popgun. Watch out, that little orange cap can do some damage!




We spent Patriot's Day in STYLE attending the day's events in Lexington, Mass. Toward the middle of the parade I admit we ducked into an adorable ice cream shop for hot cocoa (those pics are for another day...) I apologize for the pink tint on all pictures... red flags, pink hats and jackets, plus chilled cheeks and noses= well, pink!

2 comments:

  1. Fle, these are fantastic! Great focus on their faces/eyes! Love the flag in the background of your li'l patriot. Only thing that would make that photo better would be if I could see her entire body, rather cutting off her legs at the knees. But of course it is still great, and I love her face! Do you mind sharing your stats for these? And also, how did you get your pictures to display so big...I like that! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee.. YES, all legs.. need wide angle lens.. Um, let's see, stats: for the outside shots I used f/4.0 ISO 100 (with some big ole shutter speeds, since it was bright). Inside I used f/2.8 because it was dark and I forgot to adjust ISO. Bwahahaha *still learning*. It's so weird how if you don't take pics for a while you forget everything! I was LOST in photoshop for a while. And I still need to learn your eye method, because your eyes always look amazing! As far as making pictures bigger, I had to adjust all the settings in the HTML for my background stuff so I could fit a bigger picture there. Then override blogger's size restriction.

    ReplyDelete